ESILUG Mailing List
ESILUG-TALK is a discussion list for ESILUG members.
See The Rules below for what's appropriate and what's not.
See also the ESILUG announcements list,
which is the main vehicle for announcing ESILUG meetings.
- Q: What is appropriate on ESILUG-TALK?
- A: Anything that's appropriate at an Encompass or ESILUG meeting, including:
- Questions and answers for your fellow ESILUG members
("problems looking for solutions")
- Handy tips for your fellow ESILUG members
- Announcements of general interest to ESILUG members
(no marketing pitches)
- Positions available, positions desired (principals only, please)
- War stories
- Comments or suggestions about ESILUG meetings
- Questions and answers about Encompass or ESILUG
- Q: What is inappropriate on ESILUG-TALK?
- A: Anything that's inappropriate at an Encompass or ESILUG meeting, including:
- Off-topic content (well, within reason anyway)
- Marketing pitches (see also the
- Bashing the products and services of your competitors
- Unprofessional behavior
- Q: How private is ESILUG-TALK?
- A: There are several protections against unwelcome e-mail:
- Only subscribed members can post.
- When you first join, you will be in "review" mode.
This means your posts will automatically go to the list owner for approval.
If the list owner approves, your message will be delivered to the list,
and the list owner will take you out of review mode.
After that, you won't need approval to post to the list.
- The list of subscribers is not available to the public.
- Only members of ESILUG-TALK or ESILUG-LIST can view the archives.
- Q: What happens to trouble-makers?
- A: The list owner has the final say over who
can join or post to the list (but he's hoping he'll never need to
worry about it).
Here's what happens if someone sends inappropriate material to the
- First time: The list owner sends a message (most likely a polite one)
to the sender.
- If that doesn't work: The sender will be placed back on review mode
until an appropriate post is offered.
- If that doesn't work: The sender will be barred from posting on the
list and/or removed from the list.